[Tagging] what does maxheight=none mean?

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Mon Oct 27 09:20:24 UTC 2014

Thanks mmd for shedding some light on the background of this tagging.

As said before I am not against keeping a record of a bridge being checked,
just the value =none is misleading.

Another problem is that the tag is on the way under the bridge, and
not the bridge way itself. That leads to the situation that somebody
tags a 15km motorway because one bridge is unsigned. The next mapper
splits the way to tag some turn:lanes, and thus creates segments
of the road where there is no bridge at all.

JOSM should be no problems, since the validator could consider the
exemption once a method has been agreed on.

tom