[Tagging] natural=bay as nodes are evil

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 10:21:23 UTC 2014

I had a proposal about mapping peninsulas [1] and it involved adding
peninsula=* tags to coastlines. I think bays should be mapped the same way,
on coastline ways. The question is what tags we should use. Adding new ways
and gluing them to coastlines, when coastlines themselves make a bay is in
my opinion superfluous.

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Peninsula

Janko  Mihelić