[Tagging] what does maxheight=none mean?

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Mon Oct 27 12:15:13 UTC 2014

On 10/27/14 12:02 AM, Peter Miller wrote:

> Without a way of tagging the fact that we know that the bridge has
> regulation clearance and also knowing who surveyed it and when the
> data was added we can't know what we need to do to complete the
> mapping to allow the routing of high vehicles.

there is value to knowing the date of the survey. maxheight changes usually
happen when a road is resurfaced; over time maxheight gets lower and lower
until they decide to tear the road up completely and redo it from scratch.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
  OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
  Java - Web Applications - Search