[Tagging] natural=bay as nodes are evil

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 18:07:36 UTC 2014

> But this is exactly what does not work with a hand mapped polygon either
> since the edge of the bay is not well defined.

it will work in most cases, and only give questionable information when you
are close to the fuzzy end towards the open sea (or another bay). In these
cases there won't be a correct answer from a human either, because it
simply isn't clear where that border is.

> It seems to me the desire to have bays mapped as polygons here stems
> from the desire to apply such simple concepts as 'you are either inside
> or outside the bay'.

yes, but even more: how big is this bay (compared to others), are there
bays inside bays etc. (hierarchy, nesting)

cheers,
Martin