[Tagging] what does maxheight=none mean?

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Wed Oct 29 13:49:08 UTC 2014

Martin Koppenhoefer wrote on 2014-10-29 14:05:

>     Then it happens that a 3 m bridge that for some reason has no sign gets a 4 m tag.
> examples? What is "some reason"?

- rural track never had sign posted
- neglected road, sign fallen off
- unsigned road gained hight due to maintenance

While maxspeed is a legal limit, maxheight is derived from a
physical limitation.

Bridges can also be much higher than 4 m, but height not known,
so why should I tag it 4 m. I'd prefer to tag what I see,
i.e. I see no sign, I tag unsigned/unmarked/un-whatever-we-conclude.

Keep it simple.

tom