[Tagging] include smoothness=* in JOSM presets?

Bryan Housel bryan at 7thposition.com
Mon Sep 1 14:50:17 UTC 2014

So I have some thoughts on smoothness…

It’s not a terrible tag.  I think if we just replace “usable by” with “suitable for” on the wiki, it would be a bit better.  We all know that it’s certainly *possible* to take a road bike or inline skates down a pile of rocks, (I do it myself too).  That doesn’t mean the map should suggest a person actually try it just because we insist on sticking to a very *literal* definition of “usable by".  Try to think of people with wheelchairs, strollers, little kids on a bike with training wheels, etc.

The text descriptions make sense to me.  The pictures can be improved, and I’m happy to help with that — I have good pictures of all the different smoothness types.   How should I proceed with this, just make the change?

Thanks, Bryan