[Tagging] What's the difference in these tags?

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 15 16:16:12 UTC 2014

Am 15.09.2014 14:20, schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:

> <mailto:davefox at madasafish.com>>:
>
>     A user has changed some tags of a way:

No need for a change as it is possible to simply add your new tags

>     1. oneway=yes to access:backward=no
>
>     2. psv=opposite_lane to psv:backward=yes
>
>     What are the differences between the tags? The originals are the
>     more commonly used. I'm unsure how it adds any detail or clarity to
>     the database. You thoughts please.
>

> Not sure about the best psv way of tagging, but the oneway case seems
> clear to me.
> oneway=yes is a very well established widely used and easy to understand
> tag and should not be changed (i.e. removed/substituted) to something
> less used, longer and more complicated (hyphen) like access:backward=no
> This change might also introduce problems in certain jurisdictions (e.g.
> if bicycle-access is generally granted in oneway streets and
> counterdirection for streets with the oneway-sign, which is most likely
> not defined for access:backward. Furthermore I'd expect the oneway=yes
> not to apply to pedestrians while access:backward=no would IMHO apply to
> pedestrians.

+1

both might be introduced with the "lanes:" tagging system. At least 2.
makes sense. If it is only one lane in opposite direction you usually do
not need an additional ":lanes" in the keys.

1. should be oneway=yes and oneway:psv=no
2. both tags are ok but deleting is not needed.

cu fly