[Tagging] University accommodation (was Re: Future proposal - RFC - amenity=dormitory)

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 22:12:24 UTC 2014

On 9/20/14, Dan S <danstowell+osm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I still prefer (d) though if building=dormitory becomes widely
> accepted then I guess I shall have to swallow that loss for British
> english!

Wouldn't be the first time if ever:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:sport%3Dsoccer

That said, to me dormitories may also apply to other institutionalized
housing such as housing for staff of a manufacturing plant. Although I
admit that dormitories are primarily for students in my understanding.
This ambiguity can be resolved by careful definition in the Wiki if
ever people accept *=dormitory.