[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - residential=gated

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 15:53:03 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Motivated by the discussion around residential=* sub-tagging, I
thought it would be useful to get a bit more clarity, by taking some
existing sub-tagging and putting it through RFC.

Here is a proposal for residential=gated:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/residential%3Dgated

I chose this tag because it's already used quite a bit, its meaning
seems clear to me, and it seems potentially useful, though I can't
predict if the community more generally will consider it useful.

Please comment on the wiki talk page.

Thanks
Dan