[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Discussion - Reception Desk

Kotya Karapetyan kotya.lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 08:25:22 UTC 2015

> Warin,

> Maybe there needs to be a wiki page on the subject?
> Associating one feature (a 'parent') with another feature (a 'child')?
> More of a guide as to how OSM 'does' it?
>
> Or may be it needs to be added to some already existing guide...

I would propose to word it as "belongs-to". However, once again, I would
separate it from the reception desk tag proposal. In most cases, we would
like to be able to tag the reception location(s) on a large campus: That's
where this tag is most valuable. If there are multiple organizations in a
limited space, there will often be just one reception. Otherwise finding *any
*reception already helps a visitor a lot. Therefore I would first go on and
finalize the reception tag.