[Tagging] Proposal: Rename wiki status "Approved" to "Published"

moltonel 3x Combo moltonel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 21:22:53 UTC 2015

On 05/04/2015, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> I really see two paths - either continue what I did, let the Wiki use
> terms like "approved" but make it clear enough to everyone that the Wiki
> isn't the OSM bible but just what a very small number of people think
> about OSM; or try to increase the standing of the Wiki as an
> authoritative source but then we'd really have to be careful not to
> mislead people with terms like "approved".

The way I understand it, the approved->published proposal follows your
first path : making it clear enough that the wiki isn't the osm bible.
You seem to imply that this path can only be followed by elements
outside the wiki, but in fact the wiki itself can/should aknowledge
that it isn't the bible. With that goal in mind, a lot of people feel
that "approved" puts the wiki proposals on too high a pedestal, and I
support a change of wording that help take it down a notch.