[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Reception Desk

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 23:07:32 UTC 2015

The wiki page
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposal_process#Page_details says

"/Proposal/

    /A short description of what you want to map, including links to
    relevant material with photos if possible./
/Rationale/
    /Why the tag is needed, considering significance and potential uses
    of the data./
/Examples/
    /Names, locations, rough idea of numbers (e.g., one on every street
    corner, several in each suburb in Germany, half a dozen in each
    South American country)./
/Tagging/
    /The category the tag falls under (//man_made
    <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:man_made>//, //waterway
    <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:waterway>//, //tourism
    <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:tourism>//, etc,), with//*a
    justification of why other similar categories are not
    suitable*//(for instance, there may be too many to map individually
    - such as residential properties in which case a //landuse
    <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:landuse>//tag would be of
    more use if they are grouped closely enough?)./
    /The name of the tag itself - keep it as short as possible (15
    characters is generally as long as they get), whilst still being
    logical, descriptive enough to need little explanation and not
    overlapping with another tag in a different category."/

That suggests that the proposal page presents justifications ... I am
simply doing what the wiki page suggests! Should the wiki be changed?
And, of course, it needs to be done while this proposal is in
progress... just like the voting change.. grr .. ;-)

The tag description page is based on the proposal page .. but it does
not have a '/Rationale' /section, a/'rough idea of numbers'/ ... it is
edited into the tag page.

Note .. I have started a new topic for the mark 2 reception desk .. it
would be best to use that so there is less 'baggage' on any further
discussion.

-------------------------------------fly
Time? There are many proposals that are sitting around .. waiting on
this 'time' thing.. years ... Why? The ones I have looked at are not
changing .. nothing is happening with them - thus there looks to be no
'development' while they sit and wait. This proposal is fairly simple -
the addition of one simple value to an already existing key? Any
implications ... no I don't think so, any developments over time ..
again I don't see them.

Consensus .. that is what I'm aiming for. "New" "rules" or not.

If your only voting on the tag (amenity=reception_desk) why are you
commenting on the documentation? :-) ... That is a joke by the way.

I have 'improved' the documentation .. there is not much to say about a
reception desk ... fortunately. ( Off topic ; Unlike 'temperature' ..
that is getting very big! Perhaps it needs to be broken up into sections?)