[Tagging] Straw pole Temperature=objective default unit?

Lukas Sommer sommerluk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 06:16:50 UTC 2015

> b) values would interpreted by region. Most of the world would be Celsius, USA would be Fahrenheit. (Similar to defaults for speed on roads.)

Please note that speed limits are _not_ interpreted by regions.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:maxspeed states that the unit
has to be added explicitly when it’s not km/h – independent of the
region where you are mapping.

Region-dependent interpretation of units is IMHO a quite bad idea.

--
Lukas Sommer