[Tagging] Straw pole Temperature=objective default unit?

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 06:49:42 UTC 2015

There is no regional default if the units are not specified.

In the case of maxspeed it is always km/h if the units are not specified.
If mph is intended then "mph" must be specified.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:maxspeed

So, for your example of temperature, if the units are not specified then
the value should be interpreted as, say, Celsius.  If a mapper intends the
units to be Fahrenheit then they must include a unit identifier *regardless
of the physical location of the tag*.

--
Andrew