[Tagging] New values for entrance=

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Thu Apr 9 13:08:10 UTC 2015

The most common door to be mapped is a fire door (often signed "emergency exit" in America), and some kind of escape, like access from underground to street level for a subway evacuation.

Japan has a lot of elevated motorways on pillars, with noise walls, so essentially you're driving in a giant elevated tube. They sign emergency exits from the road down to street level, like a train system.

Both of those seem covered by entrance=emergency currently.

But a hospital has the "emergency" entrance - would we want a special tag for a hospital's emergency entrance?

(This is often quite different from the "main" entrance)

It might be very very useful to map the emergency entrance strongly at high zooms.

If so, we need to separate emergency_exit from emergency, as I guess a hospital has both kinds of exits.

Javbw