[Tagging] New values for entrance=

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 09:43:17 UTC 2015

> I suppose few pics speak more than thousand words of a non-native such
> as me... Some random pics from google image search. Here's what it
> typicalle looks from outside:
>   http://www.jokakoti.fi/newfs2/kivi/10372d/4_18989745_700x525.jpeg
> ...The white box (lit) above the door usually indicates addr:unit or both
> addr:housenumber and addr:unit.
> Some inside shot:
>   http://static.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/naapurihairikko11112011MT_503_uu.jpg
>
> What I tried to tell already multiple times is that it's hard to
> distinguish "main entrance" from "service entrance", at least around here.
> This is a real problem from mapper point of view as he/she doesn't know
> which of the =main/service should be picked for a particular entrance.

these are not building typologies where you'd normally find service
entrances. For residential buildings you can find service entrances either
at historic buildings for certain social classes (where service people were
still common), or in regions and for social classes where they are still
common today.

Cheers,
Martin