[Tagging] New values for entrance=

Ilpo Järvinen ilpo.jarvinen at helsinki.fi
Fri Apr 10 11:37:57 UTC 2015

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015, Warin wrote:

>  From your photos I'd say both entrances are the same.
>
> There is no functional difference between them so I'd tag them entrance=main
> .. both of them.

Now that we have established that =staircase and =main are not that
different, I'd still want to know what exactly is there reason why you
think =staircase is worse than =main since you seem to indicate I should
use =main instead of =staircase?

And please please don't bring up non-sense about zillions of values in
entrance=* because of this particular value :-), it's only one value and
this particular value is rather common too. And if some data user doesn't
like it, it would be extremely trivial to map it to =main (or, in other
words, if that's too much work/trouble I doubt they could rely on OSM
dataset at all given its "quality heterogeneity" ;-)).

--
 i.