[Tagging] sport=shooting & Shooting Range

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Mon Apr 13 12:19:02 UTC 2015

> I've usually seen leisure=pitch used with archery. Scanning through the few features tagged with leisure=range, they appear to all be shooting ranges.

The only big difference between them is the noise level and the length of the projectile. They both have designated stands for the person, the no-mans land of the range, targets of various forms, and some kind of projectile containment system (high walls, steel plate, dirt bank, etc).

There are quite a few archery ranges (on school grounds) here in Japan, and I sure as hell never want to accidentally go on one thinking it is a pitch.

A 3m long traditional bow looks like it could put a practice arrow through my body.

It has the word "range" in its title for a reason.