[Tagging] RFC - obligatory usage - bicycle=obligatory

Hubert sg.forum at gmx.de
Mon Apr 13 21:36:42 UTC 2015

Hallo.

Sorry for not answering for a while. I had/have to concentrate on my
studies.

As for bicycle=obligatory/mandatory, I can see why there is so much
objection for introducing a new value, but I still think that the current
use of bicycle=official/designated/yes is less optimal than it could be.

If some you feels up for it, I would like to hear your thoughts on the
following separated cycle way >>with and without<< the corresponding traffic
sign.
(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/69/Separated_cycle_and_foo
t_path.jpg)

The way I see it, it is “official” and “designated” for cyclist in both
cases, at least from the wording. However, the question remains whether it
should also be tagged as “bicycle=official/designated” or “bicycle=yes” or
something else.

I would also like to ask you to considered the “normal” situation
(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2b/Separated_roadside_cycl
e_and_foot_path.jpg) in the same way and in comparison to the stand-alone
cycle way.

Yours,

Hubert