[Tagging] Highway barrier

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Tue Apr 14 10:04:05 UTC 2015

Those are stingers used to catch nefarious car jacking criminals or
operate temporary road blocks in down town Baghdad. Are there examples
of permanent ones? I'd have thought a more obvious barrier, such as a
fence would be built if it were to be long term.

The 'one-way' spikes are often used in combination with lifting barriers
so: barrier=lift_gate;spikes.

Dave F.

> <mailto:davefox at madasafish.com>>:
>
>     IMO oneway on the node is inconclusive as a node has no direction
>     & it should already be on the way.
>

> +1, but the spikes are oneway spikes, so I think we should have this
> distinction at the top level (i.e. barrier-key). It is fundamental
> that you can cross from one side and are hindered from the other.
> There are also omnidirectional spikes like this type elsewhere:
> http://www.indosoftcorp.com/image.php?pid=50 (that's a portable version)
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

---