[Tagging] Highway barrier

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 14 11:03:20 UTC 2015

Am 14.04.2015 um 11:45 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:

>> IMO oneway on the node is inconclusive as a node has no direction & it
>> should already be on the way.
>>

> +1, but the spikes are oneway spikes, so I think we should have this
> distinction at the top level (i.e. barrier-key). It is fundamental that you
> can cross from one side and are hindered from the other. There are also
> omnidirectional spikes like this type elsewhere:
> http://www.indosoftcorp.com/image.php?pid=50 (that's a portable version)

Not sure if top level is needed as with one sentence about
barrier=spike, I can not really distinguish.

Though, we need to differ by subtag or main value.

* without main value I fear it gets complicated for routing software
* direction=* would be useful to indicate which side is "dangerous"
* with bollard=* we can tell if a bollard is removable, similar would by
useful for any spikes.

cu fly