[Tagging] Defacto: man_made=storage_tank

johnw johnw at mac.com
Wed Apr 15 04:15:15 UTC 2015

On Apr 15, 2015, at 1:47 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Technically, buildings are a subset of man made structures, built for humans occupancy, btw also under German law (de: Gebäude vs bauliche  Anlagen).

we have building=farm_auxiliary, shed, and roof, so I think it is broader than the german definition.

People put building=* on any structure that is vaguely building shaped - a roof, decks, arcades, barns, sheds, storage lockers for lawnmowers, tiny shrines where you couldn’t fit a cat inside, and other “buildings”.

Javbw