[Tagging] Money transfer amenities
bryce2 at obviously.com
Wed Apr 15 16:51:13 UTC 2015
"Western Union" is a branded money transfer service offered at many other
types of businesses -- including convenience stores, some banks, pawn shops
and in some countries post offices.
*The generic services seem to be:*
* Currency exchange (e.g. Dollars for CN ¥)
* Low Income Lending (e.g. Payday loans, Tax refund anticipation loans,
Auto Title Loans, Generic Unsecured Loan Sharking).
* Check cashing (for people without access to a bank).
* Money Transfer (e.g. Western Union, TransferWise).
* Pawn (borrow money against value of goods left at the store).
*A local check cashing place may offer a mix:*
services=Western Union;Payday Loans;Currency Exchange;MoneyGram;TransferWise
*We'd then have the following "top level symbols":*
* money_services (non-bank money services mostly for low income people)
* bureau_de_change (restricted to only currency exchange for wealthy
This is clear case where some mechanical retagging can help make the data
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tagging