Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Thu Apr 16 18:03:40 UTC 2015

>>> At most they will be access=permissive. Public implies an inalienable
>>> right of access supported by law.
>>
>> Permissive implies something *far different to me*.  It means that I can
>> walk onto the property without prior arrangement, and chances are nobody
>> will hassle me.
>
> +1
> a camp could be "access=permissive" (trespassing tolerated) or
> access="private" / access=customers where private and customers seem
> similar.  access=yes /public (a right for everyone to access) is not a
situation I
> have ever encountered on a camp site, but it might eventually exist.

access=public is the norm for USA national and state park campgrounds.  No
gates.
Anyone can walk in for day use, but permission is required to hold a given
spot or stay overnight.

Private campgrounds may be access=customers or rarely access=permissive.

----
There's a strong difference between "day use" and "overnight use".  Day use
fees may apply,
or fees for certain activities like showers or RV dumps.