[Tagging] Tagging of pitches within a campsite

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Sun Apr 19 01:10:12 UTC 2015

> On Apr 18, 2015, at 11:02 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Am 18.04.2015 um 06:31 schrieb Tod Fitch <tod at fitchdesign.com>:
>>
>> FWIW, on a mountain where I volunteer I mapped the campgrounds with the tagging shown on the proposed extensions page which uses ref=* instead of addr:street or addr:unit.
>

> I'd also use ref for the number/code. What do you use to say it's a camping pitch?
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

I’ve been using the tagging suggested at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Extend_camp_site#Tagging_of_individual_pitches so they have camp_site=pitch on them.

The campgrounds I tagged first at located at https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/34.81435/-119.10098 a copy of the map I made for the local fire department can, for the moment, be found at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19663978/campgrounds.pdf

From tag info it looks like over 700 camping pitches have been tagged with camp_site=pitch with a lesser number being tagged with some of the additional information tags like camp_site:table or camp_site:surface

Cheers,
Tod