[Tagging] Tagging of pitches within a campsite

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Mon Apr 20 00:14:36 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-04-18 at 18:10 -0700, Tod Fitch wrote:

> I’ve been using the tagging suggested at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Extend_camp_site#Tagging_of_individual_pitches so they have camp_site=pitch on them.

Tod, there was a fair bit of discussion here in Feb (?) about terms. The
consensus then was that a camp site is the larger area containing a
number of pitches. This seems acceptable to most people around the
world.

Personally, I think of "camp_site" as meaning "pitch" but that was not
the general answer. So, I don't think that camp_site=pitch makes a lot
of sense as a tag.

Would camp_site:pitch=42   be more appropriate ?

David