[Tagging] Way inside riverbank

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 16:31:23 UTC 2015

> IMO you guys are kidding yourselves if you think most mappers actually
> measure the depth of rivers before drawing in the "main stream"

yes, it is not the typical way we do map, but it is an ideal / a clear
definition how it ideally should be. Sometimes you can see the deepest part
of a river, e.g. when the aerial imagery was taken in a dry period or you
have been there when the river had very few water (and/or if the river is
of the kind that mostly has not much water, but does in the spring time
when the snow melts, e.g. in the mountains).

Cheers,
Martin