[Tagging] electric zigarrettes

SomeoneElse lists at atownsend.org.uk
Tue Apr 21 21:15:40 UTC 2015

On 21/04/2015 21:47, moltonel 3x Combo wrote:
> On 21/04/2015, Thorsten Alge <lists at thorsten-alge.de> wrote:
>> is there a tag to express that the use of electronic cigarettes is
>> permitted at a location? If not I'd like to suggest the use ecigarette=*
>> or vaporizing=* with the same values as smoking=*.
> I've never seen a place that permitted one type of smoking but not
> another. Unless you' ve got a specific surveyed example to share, it's
> probably best to keep everything under smoking=*.

It does happen in some English pubs.  Smoking indoors (strictly "in the
workplace") has been banned for some time now, and the use of
e-cigarettes isn't covered by that (no smoke emitted), but some pubs do
ban the use of e-cigarettes too.

The shop tagging:

http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=cigarette#values

would suggest that "e-cigarette" is the most popular form of the word,
so I might be tempted to use that instead of "ecigarette". Those figures
do follow a slight mechanical "nudge" towards what was previously mapped
as the most popular value, I believe.

Cheers,

Andy