[Tagging] addr:interpolation on highway

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 23 12:30:16 UTC 2015

Am 23.04.2015 um 06:34 schrieb Bryce Nesbitt:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 8:13 PM, John F. Eldredge <john at jfeldredge.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Would you need to split the road into two ways, one for the left side and
>> one for the right side, even if the roadway is not actually divided? This
>> would cause a mismatch between the rendering and what is physically present.
>>

> I would not do that.
> Highway tagging is only suitable for marking the range (e.g. 101-152) not
> the side.
> That's often all that's signed, and there may not be an odd/even convention.
>

> You are right that
> normally an interpolation way demands the overhead of three parallel ways
> (centerline, left side, right side).

Please, no overlapping (overhead) ways, but the street as centre and
parallel on both sides the interpolations.

Thanks

By the way, I count interpolations only as intermediate state and it is
often not true for the whole street as you need to split them as soon as
one housenumber is missing or as soon as you have additional numbers
like alphabetical ones or 114/2.

fly