[Tagging] Meeting point

Florian LAINEZ winnerflo at free.fr
Sat Apr 25 08:27:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

> would it be okay to name I of it has an actual name beyond its function
> (even if it is "East meeting point" or "Exit C8 meeting point" if it says
> that on the sign?

I guess yes, as far as it comes with the main tag.

I have seen the place=* page on the wiki
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Places and it doesn't look at all like
an appropriate tag to use : it is for cities, suburbs and neighbourhood.
I agree that a meeting point is not about information so let's forget about
tourism=information + information=meeting_point

Therefore, even if a meeting point is not only about tourism but best
choice we now have is tourism=meeting_point isn't it?
With the optional tags it would be:
tourism=meeting_point
name=Meeting point A
operator=You name it

Good for you guys?

> > Am 24.04.2015 um 22:11 schrieb Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com>:
> >
> > You're right.  That should just be:
> > place=meeting_point
>

> I don't like place as key here, because places are different kinds of
> places, the meeting point is a function, has not a name, is nothing besides
> being defined as meeting point
>
> cheers
> Martin

*Florian Lainez*