[Tagging] Meeting point

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 12:43:26 UTC 2015

> However, these meeting points are actually bogus. People do not care where
> authorities want them to meet. People meet wherever they like. Even when
> people meet at a designated meeting point by accident, they don't say:
> "Let's meet at the meeting point." They say: "Let's meet in the lobby." Or:
> "Let's meet in the hall, in front of the ticket counter."

By personal experience I do not agree with the "bogus" argument. These
meeting points are useful, in particular in airports. You can simply say to
someone "let's meet a the meeting point". There is always one and only one
per airport or per airport terminal.

It's not a "place" in OSM terms. It's a facility for tourists, hence the
"tourism" key is fine, but also "amenity" would not be wrong