[Tagging] lost and found

johnw johnw at mac.com
Mon Apr 27 23:01:07 UTC 2015

Usually a mappable lost & found is for a large theme park (or large public complex - even large train stations) - so it would be a mappable node at high zoom levels.

There is a tiny tiny table at my community center that has had the same pencase and scarf for 8 months. But it is a mappable point if I really wanted to.

But most of the time the place would be a mappable node - like at Disneyland or an airport, but occasionally it is part of an office, so lost_and_found=yes would be useful for which stationmaster’s office or service counter at the giant station has the lost and found.

so amenity=lost &found works well. Tourism is wrong, as it is for non-torust places (most large train stations in Tokyo (which are a block or two long) have a lost and found somewhere.

so amenity=lost_and_found + lost_and_found=yes seems good to me,

Javbw