[Tagging] lost and found

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Tue Apr 28 16:21:53 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 7:46 AM, Florian LAINEZ <winnerflo at free.fr> wrote:

>> so amenity=lost_and_found + lost_and_found=yes seems good to me,
>>

> It seems like a duplicate information to me. The second key doesn't give
> any additional information and is therefore not useful.

The second key is when lost and found is an attribute of something else:

   amenity=reception_desk
   lost_and_found=yes
   opening_hours=10:00-20:00

Lost and found is sometimes, but rarely, a standalone feature.  Usually
it's part of a ticket office, store,
office, security station or some other part of the facility in which items
can be lost.

Rendering software is more likely to (eventually) render
amenity=lost_and_found,
but that's really tagging
for the rendering, and tagging for osm-carto's particular characteristics.