[Tagging] Wood+Coastline conflict

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 13:23:02 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 2:16 PM, Torstein Ingebrigtsen Bø
<torsteinibo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some island are covered completely  with wood. For these island I get a tag
> conflict. Since the natural tag is used for both. I have two solutions:
> 1. make a combined tag like natural=coastline;wood
> 2. make a 1-way relation for the wood tag and tag the way with
> natural=coastline
>
> which one is prefered?

To keep my blood pressure low I do not map trees on islands at least
in the current OSM datamodel.

There are two cases the whole islands is filled with trees, and the
islands is partially filled with trees. So are the tree trunks growing
right at the  coastline, or is there a 1m-5m zone where there are no
tree trunks and you are really mapping "landcover=tree_canopy? So I've
never really figured it out  exactly what it means when the coastline
and the treeline shares the same way.