[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - opening hours default PH off

Michał Brzozowski www.haxor at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 15:40:25 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Robin `ypid` Schneider <ypid23 at aol.de> wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> As noted by "Ein Mapper" on [the current weekly task in Germany][1] it would be
> convenient to have an implicit "PH off" added to most opening_hours values
> during evaluation. I had not thought about this before but now that I do I agree
> more and more that this makes sense and wrote a proposal [2]. Any thoughts about
> this?

Don't be German-centric :-P (I know that basically everything closes
on public holidays in Germany). It really is another hoop to jump
through, another thing that we impose on data consumers of this
already potentially (edge cases) very elaborated tag. And while a
notion of SH/PH is rather well defined for a mapper in given country,
default closure in these days may be not. Another table to maintain.
It really makes more problems than it solves: is PH off supposed to
apply also to 24/7 features? E.g. convenience shop vs an outdoor ATM.

Michał