[Tagging] highway=footway - Advanced definition: Distinction footway vs path

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 07:52:27 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 03.08.2015 um 00:58 schrieb Ilpo Järvinen <ilpo.jarvinen at helsinki.fi>:
>
> Many mappers don't want to input all those types using many keys because
> of increased effort that slows down useful mapping

it doesn't matter with presets as they can set several tags at the same time, but I'd generally reject this argument as not relevant. Surveying a way takes a lot of time, drawing the geometry as well, opposed to this, very few seconds to add an additional tag (with autocompletion it is sth like 1-2 secs per tag) are really completely insignificant.

cheers
Martin