[Tagging] highway=footway - Advanced definition: Distinction footway vs path

johnw johnw at mac.com
Wed Aug 5 22:32:27 UTC 2015

> On Aug 5, 2015, at 8:04 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> actually highway=footway is meant to be the same as highway=path and foot=designated

Then what is the point of having path and all these other tags that overlap? It reinforces my belief that that path’s definition is way, way too wide.

Narrow Path to fill in the gaps rather than overlap, so at least new tagging doesn’t have this ambiguity.

We have to start cleaning up the mess somewhere.

Javbw