[Tagging] highway=footway - Advanced definition: Distinction footway vs path

johnw johnw at mac.com
Fri Aug 7 10:44:24 UTC 2015

> On Aug 7, 2015, at 5:31 PM, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For Belgium we follow this convention: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Eimai/Belgian_Roads#Paths <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Eimai/Belgian_Roads#Paths>
> It's full of highway=path examples. You'll give us a lot of work if we have to revisit and retag them all. :-)

I know path is in heavy use, but a few proper mechanical edits (how are those done?) for certain tag combos and a couple years elapsed would eventually take care of it. I don’ think it is something that could be done easily or with a simple edit - but it could be depreciated and retired in a few years.

Leave it to the noisy American living abroad to cause trouble in Belgium!

Javbw