[Tagging] Blood donation: mobile collections, 'attribute' status

Ruben Maes ruben.maes96 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 13:07:13 UTC 2015

On Friday 14 August 2015 14:55:09 Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> > Am 14.08.2015 um 13:50 schrieb Ruben Maes <ruben.maes96 at gmail.com>:
> >
> > If the building is not primarily the shop
>
> can you give an example where a building is the same as a shop (i.e. a business)?

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/364872652,
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/272808143,
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/298383065 ...

And here a healthcare=blood_donation on a building: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/281211429

In Belgium it also seems to be popular to map the shop on the building itself if the rest of the building is just residential.

> > , you tag the building with building=* and place a node inside with just the shop tags.
>
> this is the preliminary variant. More detailed alternatives comprise mapping the business as an area (often done with a multipoligon relation to avoid overlapping ways or wall thickness hyperbole details)

Inside a building? Never done nor seen that before, it surely is not common practice around here. It's also not always easy to know the borders of the business inside.

--
The field "from" of an email is about as reliable as the address written on the back of an envelope.

Use OpenPGP to verify that this message is sent by me. You can find my public key in the public directories, like pool.sks-keyservers.net.