[Tagging] landcover=trees definition

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Sat Aug 15 10:45:08 UTC 2015

If the grass is municipally maintained the I use landuse=grass (I'm on 
the fence about using landcover). If I have the time or inclination I'll 
separate it from residential with a multipolygon relation.

If it private then I mark it as landuse=residential & probably leave it 
at that. If you ant to go into more detail you could use the 
garden/private tags.

Dave F.

On 10/08/2015 11:29, Jean-Marc Liotier wrote:
> Take a look at this charming corner of Normandy: http://binged.it/1ht3p7v
> On the left, a dense urban location that is clearly 
> landuse=residential. On the right, what is most definitely 
> landuse=meadow. So what about the center ? We see residential 
> buildings among a predominantly grass cover.  In other areas, I have 
> seen this mapped as landuse=meadow - but it is wrong because it is 
> actually used as a residential areal.
> To me, it seems that mapping this area as a combination of 
> landuse=residential and landcover=grass would be most fitting. I have 
> thought about using the landuse=residential + natural=grass 
> combination instead, but those lawns do not strike me as natural.
> What do you all think ? Is this a good illustration of the need for 
> landcover=* ?
> _______________________________________________
> Tagging mailing list
> Tagging at openstreetmap.org
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.

More information about the Tagging mailing list