[Tagging] landcover=trees definition

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 11:27:51 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 18.08.2015 um 10:51 schrieb Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at gmail.com>:
>
> There is already leisure=garden. It (or [leisure=garden, gerden=flowerbed] or maybe leisure=flowerbed)
> would be far better than yet another too detailed landuse value.

there are also garden:type and garden:style, but they are for gardens, a flowerbed may also occur in different context (e.g. in the public space along streets or on squares).

I would not recommend garden=flowerbed as a general tag for flowerbeds for this reason.

Maybe what was once suggested as landuse=grass (green on traffic separations, traffic islands etc.) could become landuse=street_decoration and could be subtagged as flowerbed then. On the other hand this would still interfere with landuse=highway/road
What about amenity=flowerbed?

cheers
Martin