[Tagging] Amenities for kids parties

johnw johnw at mac.com
Thu Aug 20 07:56:57 UTC 2015

There has been a lot of talk about a "event venues" tag- a rentable loacation for events of any kind - like a banquet hall in a hotel, or professional "hall" used for corporate parties, weddings, or other events.

There are businesses that offer kids parties - usually commercial facilities that sell food and have games - but not just table for birthday parties.  Chuck E Cheese and "Family Fun Center" come to mind in California. They are home to true leisure activities like a gaming center mini-golf, and additionally offer a room or other space to handle birthday parties along with the normal business.

In this case, the leisure activity is mini-golf, and the amenity is an "event venue" - perhaps a sub-tag would then clarify what kinds of events are planned there. I know Kids birthday parties are a very very common type of event - and in some cases the only type of event - a business would handle (no one is having a wedding or office party or after-prom at chuck-e-cheeze).

But birthday parties are not a leisure activity. No one has "child parties" as their hobby. it is at least an amenity of the business.  perhaps amenity=child_party_space or something, or  amentiy=event_venue+event_venue:child_party=yes  There are SO MANY businesses that offer to handle birthday parties - usually kid oriented activity centers, but also restaurants hobbyist places, zoos and retail shops - which don't really host any other kind of event. So perhaps shop:child_party_events=yes or shop:personal_party_events=yes (whatever the reason adults would want to gather) would be a good way to add this to a shop or business.

None of this is official, I'm just throwing out ideas

javbw