[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Husainiya

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 12:37:45 UTC 2015

On 21/08/2015 9:28 PM, Craig Allan wrote:

> type=husainiya
> type=hussainia
> type=ashurkhana
> type=imambargah
> *
> *I am a little concerned that there are different terms for the
> amenity in different countries.
> We try to use English terms where possible, but I doubt its possible
> in this case.
> So I accept an Arabic term, but which one...
> Is there one spelling or one term which the entire Islamic world would
> understand? I need help on this.
> On the other hand, close enough is acceptable.

You remind me of T.E. Lawrence book 'Seven Pillars of Wisdom" ...
the proof writes complained
"Feisal is /spelled/ Faysul at random sometimes, for example; Jidda is
Jeddah, " ... and many more examples...
His response was less than helpfull .. something along the lines of "I
would have spelt them more numerous ways if I had the time."
He was demonstrating the less than precise interpretation from arabic to
engish at the time.