[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Husainiya

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Sat Aug 22 00:37:38 UTC 2015

> On Aug 22, 2015, at 8:19 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Am 21.08.2015 um 10:19 schrieb John Willis <johnw at mac.com>:
>>
>> I have temple grounds here
>
> what about
>
> amenity=temple_grounds
> religion=*  ?

We would need 5-7 new amenity tags to cover what is already covered with landuse=*

We already define the religious buildings themselves through building=* and the POW through amenity, and the religion and denomination through their respective tags.

We don't have landuse=supermarket, pharmacy, and mall - we have a generic Landuse that says "this is retail"

Similarly - the details of the building present (mosque, shrine, temple, church, cathedral, synagogue, etc), the religion, and denomination and what exactly is the POW are handled by other tags, just like a supermarket with building=retail, amenity=supermarket (i think), so the landuse=* is there just to generically say "this is land used by a retail facility"

Landuse=religious generically says "this is land used by a religious facility".