[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Husainiya

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Sat Aug 22 13:38:02 UTC 2015

> On Aug 22, 2015, at 9:49 PM, Andreas Goss <andig88 at t-online.de> wrote:
>
> Except that isn't the case. As you said a religious school would not be tagged with landuse=religious.

Same situation with a private stand-alone apartment owned by a trucking company - is it not a residential building on a residential landuse because it just happens to be owned and operated by a logistics company? Is it landuse=commercial just because their employees are living there? I think not.

A school operated by a church on separate land with separate facilites is a school. The sign out front says school. It is a school. It may be a religious school, so it has religion=* **but it is not the landuse of a facility dedicated to worship!**

I work at a Buddhist school. I have visited catholic schools, Jewish schools, and a catholic college. They are not POWs. They are not facilities dedicated to worship. They are facilities dedicated to education, and tagged as such.

A day care in the corner of a religious complex is neither a stand-alone school nor is the name of the school on the sign out front. A huge catholic college may have a chapel, but it is an amenity of the college and sits in the amenity=college landuse.

Your generic catholic school is not a supporting amenity of a church - it is on its own Landuse with its own amenities.

You go there for (overwhelmingly) education, not for worship.

My students are at school for 10 hours a  day. They spend roughly 1-2 minutes worshiping. The rest is normal school life. It is not a church with a math book.

I can buy food in the cafeteria, that doesn't make it a restaurant, nor  Landuse=retail either.

Javbw