[Tagging] opening-hours off closed

André Pirard a.pirard.papou at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 23:55:10 UTC 2015

On 2013-11-28 16:15, André Pirard wrote :
> I had to tag the simplest thing there is: a parking lot closed a few
> hours on Fridays (during market time).
> On wiki.osm.org/wiki/Opening_hours
> <http://wiki.osm.org/wiki/Opening_hours>, I found explanations by,
> rather than a simple diagram, a lot of examples and explanations ...
> "to be grasped".
> After spending much time reading them several times, I didn't find how
> to code that ubiquitous case.
> I queried this list and I received something like six different and
> alternating answers.
> ... [abridged]
I finally circled down, with the list consent, on a somewhat convoluted:

amenity=parking
opening_hours=open; Fr 14:00-22:00 off

and, later, for simplicity, I suggested a "closing-hours" raising the
usual "no" answer and nothing to simplify.

But now, I suddenly realize that it's all wrong.
Disallowing parking does not prevent access, what market hours obviously
should.
The correct tagging seems:

amenity=parking
access:vehicle:conditional=no at Fr 14:00-22:00

That disables both access and parking during the said hours, doesn't it?
And the correct answer to my "closing-time" suggestion is not the
destructive "no" but a constructive "we sort of already have it".

Does everyone agree?

Now the question is: is it supported by GPSes?
I suppose that the answer is "don't tag for the renderer".

Cheers

André.