[Tagging] landuse=religious & Monastic schools

johnw johnw at mac.com
Sun Aug 23 09:23:10 UTC 2015

> On Aug 23, 2015, at 3:09 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> This was my error - but it would sit on a single tourism=theme park outline.
>

> yes, it is a single theme park, but likely not a single landuse

I think this is the argument against landuse=grass. The rides certainly have track and yards, but it is not landuse=railway, as it is part of the attraction of the theme park.

Supporting buildings - usually the ones adjoining the sections of the park they are serving - are as much part of the park as the rest of it. They are hidden away between the inner and outer customer accessible sections.

Someone keeps trying to tag a (small, electric, and plastic) steam locomotive ride’s tracks as “railway=preserved” - it is a modern ride. breaking up the major polygon seems equally weird to me.

There are of course other area polygons inside this giant single one - but all are encompassed by the fence around the outside. And this single place has a single name.

so in some manner - there is going to be some area polygon that everything is inside, and for most things, that’s a single landuse.

Javbw