[Tagging] Shop vs amenity

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 12:15:56 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 24.08.2015 um 15:33 schrieb Daniel Koć <daniel at koć.pl>:
>
> What if amenity takes the whole building? Landuse=school for area + building=school is enough or we still should add amenity=school for the building?

amenity=school is for the school (service/function), while building=school is for a school building (also those without an actual active school in them). This part of our tagging scheme is working, "building" is describing a building (or sometimes a technical structure similar to a building but technically not a building).

This allows us to tag all kinds of combinations, e.g. two schools in one building, a school building without a school, etc.

cheers
Martin