[Tagging] diplomatic institutions (with tl;dr)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 15:35:24 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 25.08.2015 um 16:42 schrieb serpens-osm at gmx.de:
>
> So there is an embassy
> - located in Berlin (addr:country=DE),
> - the sending country is Ethiopia (diplomatic:sending_country=ET)
> - and the destination countries are Germany, Poland, Slovak Republic and Czech Republic (diplomatic:destination_country=DE;PL;SK;CZ).
>
> So every tag key makes sense (in my eyes).

I'm a bit lost in this thread and hope that I'm not repeating what was already said, but there is extensive documentation on this topic in the wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dembassy
and linked pages. It might be disputable whether tagging consulate generals as embassies in the first level tag though.

The above mentioned, more verbose  suggestions (sending_country and destination_country rather than the documented "country") make perfect sense also to me

cheers
Martin