[Tagging] waterway=derelict_canal

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 05:23:10 UTC 2015

On 26/08/2015 8:20 AM, Paul Norman wrote:
> On 8/24/2015 3:35 PM, Andy Townsend wrote:
>> That's not so bad in lua, but imagine writing "... and not
>> disused=yes" into every cartocss rule!
>
> Fortunately, we will not have to do that in OpenStreetMap Carto, as we
> will not be supporting the style of tagging where one tag says what
> something is, then another tag saying it's not really that, but used
> to be, or will be. We do not want to encourage the use of disused=yes,
> abandoned=yes, or similar tags.

Your choice to use what you want.
The mappers chose to use tags that reflect what is, was or will be. As
they want.

No one is right or wrong here.
It is a choice of what is best on a case by case basis.
Everyone wants some consistency - leading to tags that everyone
understands even if they chose not to use them.